Blogging Along

Monday, January 31, 2005

Going to the Road House

This weekend I got the chance to see one of my all time guilty pleasures "Road House." In case you are not familiar with it, it is about a bouncer who comes in to a small town and while helping clean up a bar, saves the town from the big bully who controls it and finds romance with the local doctor, who also happens to be the big billy's ex-girlfriend.

This movie is cheesey on so many levels. I mean it stars Patrick Swayze which qualifies it right there. But I love the fact that his character is a some zen master bouncer, who is famous in the world of bouncers, and makes fabulous money because he can tame the wildest environments. Maybe he makes so much money 'cause he calls himself a 'cooler' rather than a bouncer. What the difference is I have no idea, except it seems that the cooler is on a higher level than a regular bouncer, sort of like levels of karate. I guess a bouncer with enough work and self-determination could move himself up to cooler status, but I have no idea what those standards are and if there is some kind of official notification that one is now a cooler. Maybe there is some cooler school they attend.

I also love that as the bar owner tries to establish himself against the bully there is a fight in the bar every night. It's almost like Ground Hog Day where the same thing happens every night. And no matter how many things get broken or how much mayhem is created, the next night the bar is back in perfect condition.

Finally, beside my boy Swayze there are a number of other B stars. Sam Elliot, Ben Gazarra, Kelly Lynch and one of the guys from the 70's show "Emergency" which I used to watch religiously as a kid.

I know it is a bad movie, but whenever I am channel surfing and I find it on I can't help but watch it.


Finally, beside my boy Swayze there are a number of other B stars. Sam Elliot, Ben Gazarra, Kelly Lynch and one of the guys from the 70's show "Emergency" which I used to watch religiously as a kid.

I know it is a bad movie, but whenever I am channel surfing and I find it on I can't help but watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home