Blogging Along

Friday, January 14, 2005

Cell phone mania

So I am riding in on the train to work this morning, about 6:30 am, and the woman in front of me is having a conversation with someone on her cell phone. It wasn't that she was talking as I tried to sleep but more an amazement that she felt the need to call someone so early.

What in the world do you need to talk about at 6:30 in the morning? I mean if you are calling your spouse to tell them to pick up some milk on the way home isn't that a message you can give them at any point during the day? I can understand if it is urgent, like you have to come home right now our house is on fire. But really, can't casual conversations wait till later?

That brings me to another point, why do we feel it is okay to call someone on a cell at a ridiculously early hour, when pre-cell phone we would wait until a more respectable hour? Just because I can call someone whenever I want, doesn't mean I should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home